HELP! Suzuki DF 50 Hydro locked 1999

pescarr

Recruit
Can Anyone tell me why my motor with less than 200 hours, hydro locked, this is getting expensive for a motor that isn't suppose to break. Anyway the dealer said that it appears that nothing cracked but water got in the crankcase somehow, but the dealer has never heard of this happening, nor has Suzuki. We were running at like 5500 rpm's and the engine just shutdown and oil came out of the front of the engine by the carbrator.

mrn714

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: HELP! Suzuki DF 50 Hydro locked 1999

Not sure the age, but it sounds like a blow head gasket. Any possibility that you ran it hot? Check the thermostat? It is possible to correct without a rebuild, but you may have blow by that will eat oil / gas. How about doing a press test the cylinders, The one with low (within 5-8 lbs each difference is OK) will be the bad one. <br /><br />If you did not learn anything today, you should have stayed in bed. <br /><br /> :rolleyes:

pescarr

Recruit

Thom thanks for getting back with me they have said that the head gasket is blown, but everyone I have personally talked to, including 2 suzuki dealers, that this should have not happened w/ less than 200 hours. A friend told me he thought that they didn't torqe the bolts correctly.

mrn714

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Blown gaskets have several causes. Over torque is one, but high temp is the more plausable. That is what the manufacture will rely on. You did not mention if the motor is under warranty or not. Also not year was listed. I suspect that the problems is correctable unless the head or cylinder is cracked. Taking off the head will give you more info. Suggest that a certified pro does it in case it was over torque that you can go back against the manufactur. Usde words sure as loyal customer, want to only buy that make of unit, always had good service until now and Iboats member using the board. Do not take no for an answer. Get it in writing. <br /><br /> <br />If you did not learn anything today, you should have stayed in bed. <br /><br /> ;)

pescarr

Recruit

Thom:<br />Thanks again for getting back with me again, I was wrong with the head gasket, it is not blown the motor is a DF50 1999 and some how water got into the crankcase and hydro locked the motor. The dealer can't explain it and Suzuki has not gotten back with the dealer after several call, so they have decided to replace drive shaft seals and put it back together and charge me an arm and a leg 1k almost. They will give me 90 days warranty but what if it happens a year from now again?