Suzuki DT225 prop wont turn engine running

pgm18

Recruit
Hello, I have 1998 dt 225's. When in the water the engine speeds up and prop is either slipping or is not turning, when in foward or reverse. I can't see it do to the exaust bubbles. But when I take the boat out of the water and put the engine in gear not running I can't turn the prop. by hand. If I put the engine in nuetral I can turn it by hand.<br />Ant ideas?<br />Sincerely, Pat :confused:

jim dozier

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Suzuki DT225 prop wont turn engine running

Try disconnecting the shift cable at the engine and then move the lever on the engine manually and see if it goes into gear, if so you may need to adjust the linkage.

mrn714

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Agree with jimd, the cable can get streched out with use and could be partally broken. Not sure about that prop, but check the hub to make sure it has not failed. <br /><br />If you did not learn any thins today, you should have stayed in bed. <br /> :rolleyes:

pgm18

Recruit

Thanks, all for the post's the prop. hub failed. There is a fishing god!<br />Pat :)

mrn714

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Umm, hub failed, well good we helped figure it out, but bad you need a new hub. <br /><br />If you did not learn anything today, you should have stayed in bed. <br /><br /> ;)