SUZUKI EXTENDED WARRANTY NOT TRANSFERRABLE

fpan

Recruit
To all you guys out there thinking of buying a used suzuki because the previous owner has purchased an extended warranty beware. If you don't have every receipt and or work order that was done on the engine GE will NOT transfer and or honor the extended warranty!!!<br /><br />Anyone else been in this situation???

D

DJ

Re: SUZUKI EXTENDED WARRANTY NOT TRANSFERRABLE

Yep, you have to have EVERYTHING. <br /><br />I was OK. I had the dealer do all the recommended services and I did some of the not required service. I changed lower unit oil/filters, etc. more often than Suzuki required..<br /><br />The "Gimme 6" promotion that Suzuki runs is the GE warranty.

fpan

Recruit
Re: SUZUKI EXTENDED WARRANTY NOT TRANSFERRABLE

That's ridiculous. I do ALL my own maintenance and I rarely save the receipts. I am also sure that the previous owner was NOT urged to save his receipts when he was forking over the cost for the extended service contract. <br /><br />The one thing he did was to keep the log in the owners manual that he did each service. So for piece of mind sake I know he did the work or wouldn't have taken the time to log everything. <br /><br />Oh well I guess I will have to sell this thing or run them until I have a problem and fix it myself. <br /><br />As for the GE people they think it's funny when they tell you you need the receipts (per phone conversation). The GE guy actually snickered when he said it. <br /><br />I would think that Suzuki would care a little more about their customer base then to have someone (GE) that has no incentive to please a customer handle any sort of waranty. Unless I am way off, GE makes turbines and not marine propulsion.... Go figure...