Suzuki 115 - no spark, how to test EFI

bjjenks

Recruit
Hi, i'm new to the forum and I need help. I left the cover off my Suzuki 115 2 cycle for a number of months. Now, I have no spark at the plugs. Is there a way to test the EFI unit before buying a new one. I tested for resistance(continuity} at coils and low voltage wiring - OK. I have a ocilliscope that might see the primary and secondary output of EFI but is there an easier way?<br />Thanks in advance - Bill

bjjenks

Recruit
Re: Suzuki 115 - no spark, how to test EFI

In the above post I refer to the EFI, I meant the CDI {unit that steps up the low voltage from flywheel coils to drive the ignition coils for each cylinder} I've read that Suzuki says that this unit never fails - has this been your experience?<br />Thanks again.

bossee

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Suzuki 115 - no spark, how to test EFI

Hi,<br />Buy a Seloc, Clymer (or both) or the "Workshop" manual for your outboard model and year.<br />Then you will get information about trouble shooting electrical and ignition problems.<br /><br />Yes, the CDI unit can be tested with a -guess what- a CDI-checker, that probably only a Suzuki service center has. You probably will spare yourself both time and money if you just trailer your boat and outboard to nearest Suzuki service center and describe to them what has been done to this outboard. They are after all the experts and should find the problem rather easy and be able to fix it within reasonably cost, hopefully.<br /><br />There are second hand CDI units for a couple of hundred $.<br /><br />/Bo