Suzuki DT200

gwman

Seaman Apprentice
My Suzuki DT 200 has the oil reservoir tank under the motor cover. Stamped into the tank is the word "lean" with an arrow. I guess this is telling me theres an adjustment to change the oil-to-gas ratio, but I cant find out how or where. the reservoir has a molded hole all the way thru where "lean" is but nothing on the other side.<br />can anyone walk me thru how to to make the adjustment, and more importantly tell me when/why I should make it?

Spidybot

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Suzuki DT200

Normally ratios refer to air/fuel... 'lean' would be less fuel & more air.<br /><br />This mix -as well as the oil mix- is extremely important to your motor.<br /><br />Rather than taking any chance with this great motor would I get a manual. You could ruin it by experimenting :eek: <br /><br />One good place to look is link on this forum.

gwman

Seaman Apprentice

you're right - it is a great motor. but if the ratio refers to air/fuel, why would they stamp it into the oil reservoir?

Spidybot

Lieutenant Commander

Cant' say.. unless it's about access through a hole into a fuel mix screw so that it's merely 'via' the oil can into some other device.<br /><br />This forum has pile of stiroes on what can happen if you run too lean or too little oil and it is very sad reading..<br /><br />Sorry I have no accurate info - still the manual will be well worth the $$, now and in the future :)

lakensea

Chief Petty Officer

I assume you have a late model EFI DT200 - if so that marking on the tank is from the old carb'd engines and refers to the idle mixture screws. Not applicable to the newer EFI model.

gwman

Seaman Apprentice

i think i have a 1998. do oyu mean the oil tank is actually from an older motor?

shep70057

Petty Officer 2nd Class

gwman,<br /><br />Did you ever figure out how to adjust the oil injection on your motor??

TexSkeeter150

Petty Officer 1st Class

That stamped message on your oil tank is just access to adjust your carbs to be able to adjust them. This has nothing to do with the oil. The oil mixter is done automaticly.

sorrydog

Seaman

That is the hole to access the idle mix without dismounting the oil tank.<br />Oil mix is adjusted by rod length to carb linkage.<br /><br />I threw away oil tank to not worry about either.