Smokey

jgm7739

Cadet
Nobody has yet replied to my earlier transmission, so I tried under a new subject...hope it worked.<br /><br />I touched on the subject once last week, but found little help. I have a 1986 115 Yamaha that I believe to be running rich. I know 2-cycles are notorious for smoking, but it seems a bit excessive. I flushed the engine today on the muffs and found after 5 minutes or so the grass under the the prop was a bit blackened (with oil).<br /><br />The engine runs great. However sometimes on idle a bit rough. She has died out just a couple times as I put it into gear (which I associated it with running rich...). Is this a potential problem, or an easy fix? <br /><br />It is an oil injected engine, I would assume there must me some type of adjustment to fine tune to fuel/oil mix?!?!?!<br /><br />any input would be much appretiated

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Smokey

The only problem you have is that you own a 2 stroke carbed engine. On the muffs or in a tank they smoke like crazy. On the water they spread it out so that you notice it less.<br /><br />Now PLEASE post your question once and be patient. We get three or four pages of questions a day and multiple posts of the same question increase the clutter and are not fair to other posters.<br /><br />Thanks. :)

jgm7739

Cadet

I asked for help, not sarcasm. I understand I may have posted a few times....sorry to the board. But, however was experiencing problems on my end here and wasn't sure if the message posted properly.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

No sarcasm intended, JGM.<br /><br />If you feel that you need to put your question differently, click edit. Then you can edit both the title and content of your post, and you can move it to the top by replying to yourself.<br /><br />Good luck. :)