Walleye Fishing In Ontario

Belchy

Petty Officer 1st Class
Just wanna see if there is anyone in Ontario that will be partaking in the up comming walleye tournament on the 7th and 8th of May!! I know I am, and that is the opening of the fishing season for me!!!<br /><br />Belchy

moderator1

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Walleye Fishing In Ontario

How do you fish for walleye in that cold water???<br />Isn't ice-out right around the first of May??

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

How do you fish for walleye in that cold water???<br />Isn't ice-out right around the first of May??
I saw once where Al Linder gave the leeches each a hand warmer and a flask of bourbon :p :D

Belchy

Petty Officer 1st Class

Hey, easy there, the ice left about three weeks ago :D :D :D <br /><br />Besides waterskiing seasons starts this weekend :D <br /><br />Belchy

fireman57

Captain

Do the skiers get the hand warmers and bourbon too?

Belchy

Petty Officer 1st Class

Just a 6mm wetsuit, and hope not to get to wet....i am pretty much the only one either smart or dumb (depending on who you talk to do to it)<br /><br />Belchy

Moody Blue

Captain

Walleye tourney ? Where is it at ? Will be going to the Orillia perch festival next weekend. Looking for other "excuses" to get the boat out on the water. The ice is out on Cooks bay in Simcoe but still ice out on the main lake. I've seen wind surfers out in the bay already. Man that must be cold no matter how you dress.

Belchy

Petty Officer 1st Class

Hey, sorry bout the long reply, been outta town for a bit...<br /><br />The tournament is in the Bay of Quinte between Napanee and Trenton, runs from Friday at midnight to Sunday about 4:30 pm. Need to get tickets in advance, and they are available in the Qunite Region. It is a really good time, I recommend it however it is a little bit of a drive from Simcoe....<br /><br />Belchy

Moody Blue

Captain

Wouldn't you know it. Don't have a tow vehicle this weekend. Got to make sure that doesn't happen again :rolleyes:

Belchy

Petty Officer 1st Class

LOL, I will catch one for ya :D