Need Prop help!!

I have a 2000 Yamaha V-Max 150 hp engine currently with a 14 1/2x17'' alum prop. Im looking at going to a stainless steel prop. There are so many different brands i dont know which will work for me. Ive looked at Rapture, Ballistic, Stiletto, Turbo, etc. Im looking to spend around $300-$400. I understand about pitch and rake but dont understand why some SS props are more expensive. Are some better than others? Planing out isn't a problem but cavitating in corners is a problem. The engine is mounted on a 20 ft lund...total weight loaded is around 3000lbs..

Hooty

Rear Admiral
Re: Need Prop help!!

The best advise I can offer is get advise from a prop shop. They're pros. They'll help ya pick one and most will let ya try it out. If it's not what you want, they'll take ut back and try something else. They're prices may sound high but ya gotta remember, you're paying for a lot of black magic.<br /><br />c/6<br /><br />Hooty

tscott

Petty Officer 3rd Class

My Stratos has a 4-blade Shooter prop.SS. 13x23 pitch.After I bought the boat I looked up the prop to see what it cost whoever bought and liked to croaked! $500 is what that prop lists for on Iboats. Why the heck did someone need a $500 prop?? I would like to know what came on it. Works great though.Wouldn't trade it but I wouldn't want to have to buy it!

Thanks for the advice Hooty and Stratos. Im gonna check with a prop shop next and see what they have to say.