1993 Suzuki DT75 oil injection maintanence??

Mr. Fisherman

Recruit
I have a 1993 Suzuki DT75 with oil injection. I just rebuilt and cleaned the carbs and in doing so had to remove the oil tank. I am concerned that the air in the lines will need to be bled so that the oil pump will not cavitate or become air bound. In addition I have heard that there is a filter on the oil delivery system that needs to be maintained but I can not find it. Is there one? Where is it? How do I maintain it?<br /><br />I am thinking about mixing a portable tank of premix (50:1) and disconnecting the oil line on the discharge side of the pump then running the motor on the premix while it is attached to a hose bib (Garden hose with ear muffs) I plan to disconnect the oil pump linkage and adjusting it manually so that it calls for full stroke on the oil pump and watching till all the air is out of the line.<br /><br />Will this work? Is there a better way to do it?<br />I don't want to sieze my motor after going through all this work to get it to this point.<br /><br />Feel free to email me at:<br /><br />jeeperusa1 at netscape.net<br /><br />just replace the at with a @ (no spaces)<br /><br />Thanks in advance,<br /><br />Ray

D

DJ

Re: 1993 Suzuki DT75 oil injection maintanence??

Mr. Fisherman,<br /><br />Running the engine on 50:1 premix after auto. oil injection system maintenance is good idea.<br /><br />Fill your oil tank to a preset level and mark the level with a felt marker. Once you can see that oil is actully being used, you can go back to straight gasoline in your tank.

fridays

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Put a rag under the oil pump and open the chrome bleed bolt on the pump..you will get oil (already in lines and pump) and then some air bubbles and when you get straight oil again close the bleed and go enjoy your boat. Premix is always a good idea for any 2-stroke for the first tank of gas in the spring.

audiodoode

Cadet

I'm not certain if it's the same on yours, but my DT115 has a white, squarish, plastic oil filter/flow sensor between the oil tank and the oil pump. I clean mine with WD 40, plugging the intake side and filling it with WD from the out put side. Then I shake it like a mofo (holding my thumb over the output)and then drain it. Wash, rinse, repeat. And Friday is right on the money with pump bleeding how-to.

jim dozier

Lieutenant Commander

I have a DT85 from 1987. It is the same engine as the DT75 although the years may have changed things. The oil filter on mine is a round puck about the diameter of a 50 cent coin in the oil line beneath the oil tank between the tank outlet on the bottom and the oil pump beneath the bottom carburetor.