Fuel Additives

OutboardJohn

Cadet
I have a F80 Yamaha Four Stroke. What is/are the best fuel additives to put in the gas? Thanks!<br /><br />John

rickdb1boat

Supreme Mariner
Re: Fuel Additives

OutboardJohn <br />I would'nt use any additives! Some tend to wear the seals and other rubber parts inside the Carbs. Just use a good grade fuel and you will be fine. Why would you want to use an additive? Is there a problem?

OutboardJohn

Cadet

Well no problems. Just that sometimes my fuel sits for a month or 2. I also hear that overtime the carbs get gummed up and varnished. Yamahas fuel conditiner is "supposed" to help this. I just wanted dome posts from anyone who used/use any fuel additives and what they though about them. Thanks!!!!<br /><br />John

ob

Admiral

I keep the product Stabil's recommended dose in my fuel tank in the slow season when I don't use my boat for a month or more.I run the motor on the hose long enough to transfer the stabilizer through carbs.Just my 2 cents.

bent rod

Cadet

I use the product sea fome i get it from the napa dealer.make sure it is the one for fuel they also make a oil product

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Seafoam and Stabil are both good fuel preservers and will help keep your fuel system clean. I believe every manufacturer recomends using one for fuel that will be stored 30 days or more.