Mac River Runner Prop Savers..?????

lake_time_2

Cadet
Has anyone got any comments on one of the Prop Savers listed here? http://www.propsavers.com <br /><br />I ask because my boss just did 3k worth of damage (smashed prop, ripped chunks out of the skeg, bent the drive shaft etc) to his Yamaha outboard on his flats boat when we hit some crap left in the channel after they dredged it last week.<br />The guy in the shop said this might have saved him because when the SS prop hit the obstruction it did not break (like an aluminum one would) and so bent the prop shaft .<br />I just wanted to know has anyone used them?? Both Cablas and Bass Pro sell them .. Comments?<br />Thanks as alwasy.. Dave

D

DJ

Re: Mac River Runner Prop Savers..?????

lake time 2,<br /><br />I mounted one on my brothers pontoon. 20' Starcraft with 75 Merc.<br /><br />It did not effect performance, at toon speeds.<br /><br />It has saved a couple of props. though. :)

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

There is another brand if you want to look at it. Check iboats mega mall - propellers>covers - this is a pretty heavy duty prop guard. As djohns said, it shouldn't effect performance of the rig. You may see some handling improvements at lower revs as more thrust is directed straight back from the prop.<br /><br />Jim

sloopy

Commander

kinda looks like a mini kurt Nozzel!

lake_time_2

Cadet

Thanks for the info. I try it out and tell you all how it is. I'll have to go the with Mac River Runner as the other one listed in the mega mall is only rated to 35-mph.. :) Thanks as always for the advice .. Dave