1990 130 HP Yamaha bogging down on take off

SJ Striper

Cadet
Last post got removed. Ken,if your out there somewhere. Timing arm is good, Air intake drain hose was off (back on now). Water in the fuel. Seperator almost full(changed), canister fiter on side of motor 1/3 full(emptied). Changed plugs, motor hesitates on take off, but better than it was. Can I put regular dri-gas into tank(67 gal.),or is there something special for 2-strokes? Any suggestions to correct hesitation? Thanks in advance

Capt Ken

Commander
Re: 1990 130 HP Yamaha bogging down on take off

My head stays screwed up enough without the site going bonkers. OK, to be sure you have all the water out of the carbs, remove the bronze plugs on the lower outside edge of each carb bowl. One on each side of each carb. These are really the high speed jets and while they are out, be sure the holes are clean. Squeeze the primer bulb while the jets are out to be sure everything is flushed out of the carbs, then reinstall.

Capt Ken

Commander

Aw crap, we even lost ground on the number of posts each of us had made. I lost around 110 posts. I feel like I'm in the twilight zone. Does this mean I get to live this month over? Can I undo the mistakes I made or is it possible that the mistakes haven't been made yet? I'm I now a month younger? Does this mean I didn't turn 50 on the 13th? OMG, the pressure, its getting too great, I may explode!!!!

vinney

Chief Petty Officer

fuel pump or clean carbs with engine tuner.Valve tech the best. Vinney

SJ Striper

Cadet

Thanks guys. Can I put regular dri-gas in the tank?