It's raining again and my boat is DRY!!!!!!!!!!

scotttu

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Finally, I finally found a method to keep my boat dry.<br /><br />If you have a 19' boat, this is about the only thing i can think of to keep the rain from puddling up on the tarp and filling your boat.<br /><br />This worked during the last two nights heavy rainstorms.......and we're expecting a doosey of a storm in tomorrow night.<br /><br />
dryboat1.jpg
<br />
dryboat2.jpg
<br />
dryboat3.jpg

Mark42

Fleet Admiral
Re: It's raining again and my boat is DRY!!!!!!!!!!

Yep, a tried and true method. One suggestion, you don't want to leave the 2x4 resting on the windshield (if it is) because if rain does start to puddle for some reason, it gets real heavy real fast.<br /><br />I did a similar support for my little runabout by first making a basic "saw horse" from 1x4. The main brace was covered with old carpet at the ends to prevent wind and ice/snow weight from causing a rip on the corners of the 1x4. That worked well, but did not store easy when not in use. So the second version is made from 2" PVC. Two upside down T shapped legs and one long "back bone" do the same. And it just presses toghether and pulls apart as needed. I can even take it on vacation so if a big storm is coming, the boat will be protected.<br /><br />Keep up the good work!

scotttu

Petty Officer 3rd Class

The PVC was the next step, I was not sure if I should get enough to bend into the gunnels and make a quanson hut or do like you were suggesting.<br /><br />I am concerned about the windshield, it happened last time and DID puddle about 100 gallons in....it was good afterwards but has been frustrating.<br /><br />The nice thing about this is that the cover does not go all the way down over the back, so while my boat is still wet it's drying now, finally!!<br /><br />Yeah I like the PVC idea, can you draw that out on paper or in a JPEG for me so I can confirm if it's what I'm th inking?<br /><br />Thanks!

Mark42

Fleet Admiral

Tomorrow I can try to poke under the cover and take a picture of the PVC setup. Will keep you posted.

scotttu

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Thanks! <br /><br />Well two storms with 65mph winds and my cover survived!!!<br /><br />This is a result of the storm though, my fence did NOT survive!! That's my neighbors back porch! I guess they won't be nude sunbathing anytime soon! :D <br /><br />
windstorm1.jpg