mooring cover vs other covers

burp

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: mooring cover vs other covers

A mooring cover generally extends down below the rubrail. There is a line sewn around the edge which is used secure the cover.

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner

Mooring covers are designed to keep water out of the boat and sun off it while moored. They are not suitable for trailer boats. Wind will rip them apart in a heartbeat.

crazy charlie

Vice Admiral

What you have there IS a mooring cover.As we say in Italian...Itsa Sayma ting !!

burp

Petty Officer 1st Class

A good quality canvas mooring cover will survive towing just fine. Over 5000 interstate miles towing with the mooring cover in place, zero tears or seams ripped.

bayman

Senior Chief Petty Officer

One good answer is:<br />When you buy a cover, ask what the warranty is. If the warranty includes trailering then you can use it for mooring and trailering. If the warranty only covers mooring then I'm not sure I would dare tow with it on as it may vey well get ripped to shreds. That could leave your boat unprotected at the wrong time.

simple

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Originally posted by crazy charlie:<br /> What you have there IS a mooring cover.As we say in Italian...Itsa Sayma ting !!
I'm confused. I thought a mooring cover extends at, or below the rubrail as burp stated. My cover doesn't even come close to the rubrail.