boat insurance

bosavy

Petty Officer 2nd Class
i'm in a middle of a divorce force to move my boat into a marina .How much boat insurance do i need and were is the best place to get it

teamstromer

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: boat insurance

hi conn,<br />my wife is an insurance agent, who has access do dozens of insurance companies. she insured our boat through progressive, great coverage at reasonable rates.<br /><br />for what it's worth, at least you get to keep the boat.<br /><br />my first marriage and divorce the bass boat got sold.

Ilikesalmon

Seaman Apprentice

Bosavy, I just got insurance with Boatus. <br />For 100,000 coverage in liability it was 201.00 for the year. :(

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

How much boat insurance do i need<br /><br /><br />Answer: enough to cover your loss, should something happen.<br />Liability - as much as you can afford.

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner

Agree on the loss thing. Marinas, being on the water, are subject to storm damage that wouldn't occur if the boat were shedded on land. So you might include comprehensive in your policy with (as stated) all the liability you can afford.<br /><br />Mark

Solittle

Fleet Admiral

On the liability - I got a $1,000,000.00 umbrella some years ago. It payed for itself by alowing me to reduce the liability I had on a number of policies to the minimum.