Toronto Boat Show/New boat needed

dblooh7

Recruit
Hello, Im new to the forum and was hoping someone could help me out buyng my first boat. I have been boating for a number of years but using everyones in the neighborhoods boat. I thought this year I would get my own. The boats primary function will be used on lake Simcoe in Barie, Ontario. Here is what I'm looking for:<br /><br />1) 20-22 ft<br />2) Fiberglass construction<br />3) Swimming platform with a walk through at the back for easy access to the cabin<br />4) Good for tubing and general boating activities<br />5) Cross over to fishing <br />6) inboard motor<br />7) Bow rider design<br />7) $20-$25K canadian <br /><br />I was hoping someone maybe able to guide me on what to look for while I'm at the show. If anyone has seen the best deal in the market for what I'm looking for from a boat I would appreciate the feedback.<br /><br />Thanks for your help in advance!

soundrocks

Cadet
Re: Toronto Boat Show/New boat needed

sorry for the late response. DId you end up buying a boat? my friend went to the toronto boat show last wednesday and bought a Glastron GX225 or something like that. Personally i dont have the money for a new boat. :( i'm trying to find a cheap boat it doesn't matter what age.<br /><br />-Dave

Capn Mike

Chief Petty Officer

Look at the Seaswirl dealers in your area. Might be able to find a 2-3 year-old boat in your price range.

watered down

Petty Officer 2nd Class

There are some nice choices out there in that range...HOWEVER, I think you will be very limited in choices in the $20-25K range. If you can't afford to spend more, then I would consider looking for a nicely maintained used boat. Bayliner and T Tahoe Sport Boats and Glastron are a couple I can think of that may be in that range.

yolo

Recruit

HEY I TOO LIVE IN BARRIE AND KEEP MY BOAT AT BIG BAY POINT MARINA???<br /><br />WHERE DO YOU PLAN ON SLIPING YOURS???

dblooh7

Recruit

Thanks everyone for your reply's. Unfortunetly I got cold feet when I was a the show. I felt I didn't have enough information to make an intelligent decision. I did see a number of pretty good deals but like one person responded being that my budget is limited I should look at used. Being that seems to be where I'm headng anyone have any recommendations on what brands to look at with the same feature set that I listed above? Also, anything I should avoid will also be appreciated. <br /><br />Yolo, I'm hoping to trailer my boat rather then leave it in a slip. Maybe next year I may park it at a marina.<br /><br />Thanks again.

Solittle

Fleet Admiral

What are you using for a tow vehicle? That will narrow down your choices somewhat.

dblooh7

Recruit

I will be towing with a 2005 Honda Pilot. The towing capacty is 3500 lbs. I have installed the full towing kit including tran and power steering coolers.

CaptainYARRR

Seaman

You are going to need a bigger tow vehicle if you plan on buying a boat in that size range. My 21.5" Monterey is all fiber glass and I believe is about 3500 pounds dry. Add trailer, beer, fuel....you're in trouble.

redone4x4

Lieutenant Commander

its been over 3 years.....I wonder if he made it work lol.