Help!!! I don't know what to doooooooooo!!??

bruadair

Recruit
I need some help remedying a problem with my Hans Christian 33. Two weeks ago, I sanded what little varnish was left on the toe rail. Got it down to bare wood. Afterwards I hosed down the boat and went home (I live three hours away). I went to the boat again yesterday, and was horrified with what I saw. There were streaks running down the hull all along the boat! I am assuming I really did a poor job getting all the sanding dust off the boat. Is it possible that the varnish dust made it's way into crevices along the toe rail, then, in the 85 degree heat, melted and ran down the hull? What do I do? How do I get my hull back to normal and looking good!? Am I going to have to paint the boat? I am still so distraught over this.<br />If any one has any suggestions I would really appreciate it! I thought about hiring someone to compound and wax the hull next week when I go back out to the boat. Is waiting another week going to make matters worse? Is compounding and waxing a good idea?<br /><br />what to do, what to do? :( <br /><br />thanks.......

crab bait

Captain
Re: Help!!! I don't know what to doooooooooo!!??

i'm totally not with you on this exactly . varnish dust is varnish dust .. IT DON'T MELT ... just wash it off .. the dust is cured varnish from years ago ,right ?? just wash it off ...

12Footer

Fleet Admiral
Re: Help!!! I don't know what to doooooooooo!!??

I don't git it iether,SV.<br /> Could it be teak wood that was coated with teak oil? Being oil,it would cling to the hull and everywhere else. If so, try a half/half solution of greased lightning and water on a small area, to see if it busts the stain up. If not, I'm at a loss..But I've heard of people using a product called "ON-OFF" by Mary Kay.<br />But this stuff is too strong for brightwork. It is used mainly for rust stains in the jellcoat, for which it werks better than anything else.