New boat horror story

Clay

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I don't like bashing bayliners, and I strongly<br />believe that Brunswick should get out of the marine bussiness. but you gotta read this.<br />goboatingamerica.com.. horror story in thier forum

Hooty

Rear Admiral
Re: New boat horror story

WOW! That's recommend reading.<br /><br />c/6<br /><br />Hooty

crab bait

Captain

got there .on that site but don't know what to " click " ?? help...

D

DJ

Go to the site, go to the "forum" section (there is a mans picture on the icon), then go to boat horror story. There are two posts, the lower one is the original story.<br /><br />It's a MUST read!

Ross J

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I have a suggestion for that boat owner,<br />find a sponser and tow that vessel into the manufacturers yard. Invite as much media representatives as possible and hire the biggest backhoe available in the area. Start digging a big hole in the manufacturers carpark and using a big crane lower the vessel into said hole, all the while playing funeral like music on a sound system. After the last post is played, invite the company representative to make a speech. Somehow I feel the company line would have changed by then.<br />I particulary like a certain type of bayliner but this article has put me right off. Thanks to you I won't be bitten.<br />Ross

steve forsythe

Petty Officer 1st Class

I will tell you right now that story cant be true. If it is, they are the dumbest people possibly in the world. I would like to know-- who on this forum would take a boat that is still full of water, and has just come real close to sinking, 9 miles across the bay at night with no VHF???????? And who would take this boat back on the water to fish, 3 times, after it was supposedly fixed??? Wouldnt you be a little aprehensive and take it out just to test everything? Come on people, no one can be this stupid......can they? Too many things kept going wrong for this to be real......

GTCoupe

Cadet

I guess this is why you test drive a boat before you buy it???

blifsey

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Went to take a read and the posts are gone. Did a search for "horror" in subject and it found them but when I clicked on message got a "page not found error". I also read rec.boats on usenet and I believe same story was posted there. It was from a Kim in San Francisco area. She had details about dealer having them take boat 9 miles across bay after first time it filled with water.<br /><br />BL...

Clay

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Thats the one<br />I almost have to agree with Purse*snatcher<br />this story sounds like bs. cant believe anybodys<br />that stupid

D

DJ

Purse Snatcher,<br /><br />I am in the customer service business with people buying high ticket items. Yes, people can be that naive. See it all the time.

62_Kiwi

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Looks like this story was too hot to handle for gobaotingamerica.com and they've removed it...<br /><br />Apparently the same story is on the following link;<br /><br /> http://www.thehulltruth.com/ubb/Forum19/HTML/000688.html <br /><br />It will take me some time to absorb this one before I make further comment...

mkuehnl

Petty Officer 2nd Class

It has been removed from The Hull Truth .Com also. As to the responders that feel that they are stupid for crossing the bay I can only say - when your in panic mode you tend to do things that after the fact look pretty stupid. I am not defending the people nor the thread, I just feel that taking it off the chat boards is not the solution. If it is determined to be a hoax then take the necessary action.

mkuehnl

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Sorry, my mistake it is still on The Hull truth but has been removed from go boating america.com

88spl

Petty Officer 1st Class

I know if it were my new boat, I would have checked the radio out befor I left the dock.<br />I indeed feel for this person and the danger he faced abord a boat that was takeing on water, I<br />hope he receives every penny's worth and then some<br />and I own a Bayliner.

albany joe

Cadet

this whole story is starting to smell like the fishes. i think it was a creative writing assignment gone amok. i would be interested in any evidence this this actually happened, or hearing from bayliner or the dealer that it did not happen.

mad mahi

Seaman Apprentice

Update-<br /><br />As per new posts on both the Bayliner Owners Club Forum and The Hull Truth forum the story seems to be FACT! <br /><br />The owner has posted a notice that Bayliner has responded to them as well as their lawyers and want to make the situation "go away". According to the owners of the boat,Bayliner's conditions of settlement include a request that the owners keep quiet.<br /> <br />Apparently, the surveyor who is legitimate, has been contacted by numerous people and he has confirmed the condition of the boat and pretty much the facts in the story. The law firm is real and exists as do the owners.

rpeeples

Seaman Apprentice

I have been in situations such as this in the past, although not with a boat. I guess I can add Bayliner to my list of companies never to do business with, such as Ford, Pontiac, Oldsmobile, Bose, Sunbeam, MTD, plus more...<br /><br />I think if enough people would get together and complain about the "real" problems they have with boats, automobiles, electronics, etc. maybe the companies would listen to us. :D

dwarrick

Seaman Apprentice

I have to agree with the person who posted the horror story that it is a nightmare dealing with a defective boat. I went thru the same run around with another manufacture (Who when out of business this past year) on our previous boat It did not involve sinking but ever other part on the boat. It pit me against the dealer, the manufacture and better business folk. It really doesn't matter who the manufacture is be it bayliner or Mariah (Oops) I let it slip. But my dealer final stepped up to the plate and took the boat back after I agreed to purchase a larger Mariah apley named the Lemon Aide. But I don't want to type the details they are way to long and ugly.<br /><br />But it does happen every day because there is no lemon laws on these manufactures.