bottom paint

bwager

Cadet
Hi everyone I was wondering if anyone can tell me if there are any special<br />procedures for painting my fiberglass boat Thanks

bayman

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: bottom paint

Yes there are.<br /><br />Pick your brand of paint and then follow that brand's recommendations exactly. To leave off even one step that doesn't seem too important can ruin everything. Good marine paint is expensive and you want to do it right the first time.<br /><br />Here are some popular marine brands and their web sites:<br /><br />Interlux: <br /> www.yachtpaint.com<br />Pettit: <br /> www.pettitpaint.com<br />Sea Hawk: <br /> www.seahawkpaints.com<br /><br />- bayman

dwarrick

Seaman Apprentice
Re: bottom paint

Take a look at the Interlux Web site they make a great product and it will give you all the information you need. As with the previous post do not miss any steps my dealer did and now I am paying for it. Take a look at Micron Extra it cost about 170 a gallon. I am repainting mine right now a 26 ft. boat will require about 3 gallons for 3 coats. Don't rush the process.<br /><br />Here is the web address of interlux http://us.yachtpaint.com/usa/