Light out on Yamaha guage

capecliff

Cadet
I have two yamaha gauges on a SWII 200 (year 2000) The light for the speed/trim/oil is fine. But there's no light for the tach/fuel gauge. It's reads OK and I can see it during the day. But the light is out. Is this an easy fix for an electronic moron such as myself? If it's doable, can anyone walk me through it or at least tell me how to get to the bulb or fuse?<br />thanx

araiha

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Light out on Yamaha guage

The yellow wire supplies the light power. Hope for your sake it is a fuse. Don't think you can service the light in the tach.

capecliff

Cadet

Is there a yellow wire to each guage or just one for the both of them? Where might the fuse be?

capecliff

Cadet

OK scratch that. I see each has a yellow wire and I can see the fuse but it's so tightly wound up with other wires I can't tell if it's bad or not, actually, I'm not actually sure if I know how to tell a bade fuse, at least that kind of fuse. By the way, I notice some of the wire connections have a little bit of metal exposed where it meets the device. Is there something to spray on that would coat the connext and make it water proof? Thanx for your patience.

capecliff

Cadet

Nope, not a fuse, just some kind of connector. Why am I so dumb?