SKEETER, CAJUN OR CHAMPION?!?!?!?!

GONFSHN

Cadet
I've been reading this board over a year now. I've taken to heart all the advice about boat buying and have narrowed my choices to three. All have passed pre-buy inspection, all are one owner boats and all are reasonably priced. I am looking for personal experiences with any of these three manufacturers in case I have missed something. The Skeeter has 135 MERC. The Champion has 150 Merc XR. The Cajun has 150 Mariner. All are 17 feet and a few inches long and all are fish and ski models. All are 1988 to 1992 models. OK now let me have it with some real world stories!!!! Thanks in advance!!

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
Re: SKEETER, CAJUN OR CHAMPION?!?!?!?!

I have fishing time with a Champion bass boat. Great boat for handling chop and rough water. The other two sorry. The key when I look at a boat is the use....fishing? ski? pleasure? My personal thought is picture fighting a trophy fish and having to move around the boat quick....what are you going to be tripping over? knocking your shins into?? stability when you have the fish, your partner has the net and your both in the same corner. <br /><br />Bet of luck on whatever you decide.<br /><br />Bob

Digdug

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: SKEETER, CAJUN OR CHAMPION?!?!?!?!

GoneFishin,<br />I have owned a Skeeter and a Champion. Both were good boats. Skeeter hull may be a little faster but Champion will handle rough water better and keep you dry. I think the Champion fish/ski will be easy to fish out of. I would look at the Champion first and Skeeter second (assuming the motors were both in good shape). <br /><br />Good Luck<br />Doug