A huge help in renovating OLD fiberglass boats!

ChrisClark

Cadet
Just thought I would share something. I have been slowly fixing up an old 16-foot fiberglass runabout from about 1971. I wish I had found this book earlier!!! Its called "Runabout Renovation - How to find and Fix Up an Old Fiberglass Speedboat" The author is Jim Anderson. The book is easy to read, relatively short, and based on lessons learned the hard way. After using this book I am enlightened. I would recommend it to anyone embarking on a do-it-yourself renovation (THE ONLY ECONOMICAL WAY TO DO IT BY A LONG SHOT!)

Hawkeye1

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: A huge help in renovating OLD fiberglass boats!

Yep, I got that book. He deals mostly with 18'ers or less. I found it to be usefull.

outonbizniz

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I have this book too! It's excellent. Just remember to look for newer products that may not have been available at the time it was written. <br /><br />If you are not sure where to start with a total restoration...BUY THIS BOOK!

suzukidave

Petty Officer 1st Class

Yes I have a copy too and it is perfect if you are looking for a sub 18' runabout to renovate. Good for repairs too. Now if I could just find the time to tear the boat to pieces (and reassemble). :p