Yamaha 150 Salt Water Series unknown year

eevanre

Recruit
My boat has a Yamaha 150 V6 Salt Water Series outboard. It is not the original engine on the boat and the decal on the transom mount is curled up from a cable rubbing on it and is unreadable. I am not able contact the previous owner and can't remember if ever even told me the year of the engine. It is in almost perfect shape and I never had any problems with it. Now I need a starter and some other parts and need to know the year of the engine. The cowling only says Salt Water Series 150 V6. No model number. I have looked all over the power head and can't find any numbers except torque readings. It's like new so if it is more than a five years old I'd be surprised. It's not a salt water series II, It has carbs, not fuel injected. What years did they make Salt Water Series 150's? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bear

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Yamaha 150 Salt Water Series unknown year

yamaplat.gif
<br /><br />Can you read the letter where the red arrow points?<br />It is located lower left or lower rigth corner. The letter is very hard to read.<br /><br />If you can read it you can see what the letter means here:<br /> http://www.marinshopen.se/guide/yamguide.htm# <br /><br />/Bear

eevanre

Recruit
Re: Yamaha 150 Salt Water Series unknown year

I have no letters where the sticker used to be on the transom mount or anywhere that I can find.