Another motor flushing question??

Combee

Seaman Apprentice
After I put the muffs on the lower unit and turn the water on and start the motor, How long should it take for the water to start coming out of the pee hole? I ran it for about 3 seconds and never saw any water coming out of the pee hole, so I turned it off real quick. Am I doing something wrong or am I not waiting long enough for the water to get up to the head?<br /><br />The motor is 1993 Yamaha 200 ProV.<br /><br />Thanks for any help on this.<br /><br />Dan

JHH

Cadet
Re: Another motor flushing question??

3 seconds is a little quick. Give it some more time... you should see water from the telltale shortly.

72 mako 19

Seaman Apprentice

make sure you do not rev it up, try to keep it close to idle as much as possible.

62_Kiwi

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Remember that the water has to fill all the cooling passages in the motor before it starts coming out the pee hole. You also notice that when you stop the engine, water continues to pour out for a while.<br /><br />It takes about 10 seconds on my Evinrude 115 but varies from motor to motor. I'd be concerned after 20 seconds...

ryantcobb

Cadet

I have to say that 3 seconds as too quick. i have a 8 hp nissan and it puts out water in about 5 seconds. I thibk you should wait a little longer.<br /><br /> rcobb :p

91formula

Seaman

I have a Force 120 HP and it takes about 15-20 seconds to see water coming out the inlets, anymore than 30 seconds then I'd be concerned,

petryshyn

Commander

leave the hose running for a few minutes before starting. Then it will pee instantly....no guess work then....