yamaha 250 no juice to ignition switch

thefishingfreak

Seaman Apprentice
i took the cdi unit off today and had to do some work on the powerhead but when i put everything back together there is no juice going to the key switch or the power trim bottons i checked and doublechecked for any thing that i might have left off <several people at the marina were watching me through this whole operation and couldnt see anything that i missed either the battery is good ,,,i can jump the starter solinoid to get it to turn over etc.. but there is no power at the key . is there a fuse somewhere that is hidden ..or when you take the cdi unit off does it have to be reprogramed?

taz33911

Seaman
Re: yamaha 250 no juice to ignition switch

There should be some fuses under a plastic cover under the starter it should have spares also

Hooty

Rear Admiral

Did you check for power at the switch while spinning the engine? That's the only time it should have voltage.<br />My advise is get a shop manual.<br /><br />c/6<br /><br />Hooty

Walker

Captain

Sometimes its the simplest things that get overlooked. Are you sure you hooked the battery ground back to the engine.

Hooty

Rear Admiral

If this is a cdi ignition, The on/off ignition switch does not switch 12 vdc. The only thing it does is ground/un-ground power pack voltage.<br /><br />c/6<br /><br />Hooty

thefishingfreak

Seaman Apprentice

i fixed it!!<br /> after 2 days of tracing electrical wires and jamming my head into the smallest of small holes on the **** boat.i finaly found it. <br />when i took the cdi ignition off that was just enough pressure to break a badly coroded wire in the main engine harness. i cut the electrical tape, to expose all the wires, and there it was<br /> {the broken wire}<br />spent the rest of the day putting everything on the boat back together

Hooty

Rear Admiral

Sierra Hotel!<br />Glad ta hear it!<br /><br />c/6<br /><br />Hooty