84 Suzuki Tilt & Trim Leaking ff

superman

Petty Officer 2nd Class
The tilt & trim works but leaks off. The relief valve is tight and I can't find any leaks. Does anybody know of an easy fix?

clanton

Rear Admiral
Re: 84 Suzuki Tilt & Trim Leaking ff

If you have a manual with hyd fluid flow chart, post a photo or e-mail a copy, or tell me what the pump looks like. Clanton@atlantic.net

superman

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Hi Clanton: Just happened to see a picture of a trim assy for sale and emailed you a picture of it. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

clanton

Rear Admiral

The pump looks like a Force/Merc pump. Look on the port and strb side of pump close to the lines. Should be a snap-ring or a large allen head screw, Let me know which one.

superman

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Theres a large allen head screw right beside the relief scres

clanton

Rear Admiral

One are two? Should be one on each side. If there are two of them, the leak down is probley caused by a defective seal on the pilot check valve. Lower engine , remove one of the allen screws, tell me what it looks like.

superman

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I only saw one allen screw. It's right beside the relief screw. I'll take the allen screw out and look at that when i get home this evening and get back to you. Thanks.

superman

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Hey Clanton: You were right. It does have 2 screws on the other side. One large allen and the other looks like a allen. I tried to take one out but it wanted to round put. must be a metric. I will have to get the right allen wench. I have another problem I hope you can help me with. I purchased this from a marine sales and it was supposed to be running good but the #2 & #3 are firing but will not run even if i put a prime it. I can take 2 & 3 wires off and no change but will not run with 3 & 4 off. They told me they had checked the compression and it was fine in all cylinders. They are definetly firing. Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks.

clanton

Rear Admiral

Let me know when you get the allen screw out.