1996 Yamaha Oil Warning

elbeachbum

Recruit
Need Help!! My yamahas oil alarm is going off on an intermitent basis. Sometimes it doesnt go off for a long period of time sometimes it goes off every few seconds. Theres oil in the main reservoir theres oil in the engine reservoir. theres even oil in the pump. if the engine is running at low rpms the oil alarm never goes off! If its high rpms sometimes it goes off sometimes it doesnt! Im pretty sure its not my sensors since ive checked and theyre working! any suggestions would be immenselly appreciated!!!! <br />Thanks in advance...

seahorse5

Rear Admiral
Re: 1996 Yamaha Oil Warning

Pull out the remote tank and change the filter in the line. You may even have to flush the tank out if there is sludge or sticky residue in the bottom, which plugs up the filter.

elbeachbum

Recruit
Re: 1996 Yamaha Oil Warning

Thanks Seahorse,<br /><br />I tested the boat out just yesterday and the alarm only went off once. I'm just about sure its one of my digital gages which is tied in to my oil warning system and has accumulated extensive amounts of waten not just moisture but water in it. It's tripping my gage and tripping my electrical system...But thanks for the info ill certainly check that as well...