suzuki 15-DT 1997 pilot water hole problem

willyme

Cadet
I have a loss of water pressure coming out of my pilot water hole. This is not the first time it has occurred. I cleaned the carb and plugs because the first time the carb was letting out to much gas and it worked o.k. this time I tried it and it didn't work. When on the water I tried bouncing the outboard back and forth and it worked. The water discharge hole works fine and now seems to put extra water out. The engine is running a little rough but does not seem to different than before the problem. Anyone have an idea to whats causing this?

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: suzuki 15-DT 1997 pilot water hole problem

Howdy, Willyme. I don't really understand what your problem is. Could you be seeing water discharge change as a thermostat cycles??<br /><br />If it's really a problem, try again ON THIS THREAD. Multiple threads on the same engine/issue only confuse things.<br /><br />Red sky at night. . . <br />JB
smile.gif

willyme

Cadet

When I start the engine their is usually a steady flow of water coming from the pilot water hole. Now their is hardly any water coming out of it, after running for a long period of time or not. I don't even know what the pilot hole is for, all I know is that it should be always putting out a steady stream of water when the engines on. But a faulty thermostat could be it. The only question I would ask is why the water discharge hole is letting out water?

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

It just might be time to replace your impeller, Willyme. This should be done routinely at least each 2 years, but better every season. It is cheap insurance against a burnt-up engine. <br /><br />Hope that helps.<br /><br />Red sky at night. . . <br />JB
smile.gif