Oil grade for Suzuki oil injection

lenpilot

Cadet
I have a 1988 200 Hp Suzuki with oil injection. The guy before me had used quicksilver oil. The last time I filled I used some cheap 2 cycle oil from a convienience store (have run about an hour since). <br /><br />I now have a case of Yamalube (recomended by the marina that sold me the used boat). I have only put in the remaining Quicksilver that came with the boat and about 1 hour (running time ago) put in the cheap stuff. <br /><br />I didn't hear anything about problems with the oil, and don't have any motor problems so far. The c-store stuff is cheaper and is suposed to be mixed in the tank (I think). Will I probably be ok with the c-store oil or should I siphon it out and go with the Yamalube? Or maybe I am worrying about nothing? Thanks in advance.

Fouled Plug

Ensign
Re: Oil grade for Suzuki oil injection

Is the cheap-o stuff TCW3 rated? If so, I doubt one tank of it will doom your motor. What brand is it, exactly?

pimentel15

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Oil grade for Suzuki oil injection

I have a suzuki 225 1996 and I have been running exxon tcw 2 cheapi oil it has been<br />on that oil for three seasons now and havent had any problems <br />note keep your oil filter clean and you will be o k