Yamaha ProV150 plugs: NGK B8HS vs. B8HS-10

batkins761

Cadet
I can get NGK B8HS plugs locally, but the ones listed for the motor are B8HS-10. According to the NGK part number decoder, the -10 just means the gap (1.0mm). THey don't say what it means when no dash follows the part number.<br /><br />The B8HS is the same, which means the size, heat and construction are all the same. Can I use these?<br /><br />Thanks<br /><br />------------------<br />Brian Atkins

wingnit

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Yamaha ProV150 plugs: NGK B8HS vs. B8HS-10

The -10 means the plugs are gapped correctly for the application from the manufacturer. If you buy the ones without the -10, you will have to gap them yourself. BTW, it is always a good idea to check the gap (even on the -10 type) before installing them.<br /><br />------------------<br />Mark<br /><br />Thought for the day..... If everything seems to be going well, you have<br />obviously overlooked something.

wingnit

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Yamaha ProV150 plugs: NGK B8HS vs. B8HS-10

I went back and read my reply to your post.
frown.gif
<br />I guess I should clarify what I said.....<br />You are correct. The -10 does mean 1.0 mm gap. They come gapped at 1.0 mm from the manufacturer. I would still check the gap before installing them.<br /><br />------------------<br />Mark<br /><br />Thought for the day..... If everything seems to be going well, you have<br />obviously overlooked something.