SUZUKI WARRANTY PROBLEMS

nightcrawler

Recruit
SUZUKI WARRANTY PROBLEMS

I have a 1998 200 h.p. suzuki. The water pressure valve did not seat compleatly causing the #5 piston to lock up, pulled the connecting rod from the piston then the rod busted a hole in the piston. Suzuki says it is not covered in the third year of the warranty even though the motor has only 122 hours on it. Has this happened to you? Please reply

substuff

Cadet
Re: SUZUKI WARRANTY PROBLEMS

sorry to hear about your problems with suzuki<br />join the club I have had dealings with them<br />also the shame of it is that I believe they make the best outboards in the world but their support in the usa stinks to keep it clean in miami I dont trust their dealers<br />I have been a victem of rippoffs.<br />i would neverbuy suzuki why parts are expensive no after market parts most people wont work onthem my engine has been down for a month now sad

substuff

Cadet

If i where you i would write a letter to the president of suzuki CEO Rick Suzuki his office is in california to find out address cal18002474704 them ask for number in california then address letter to ceo only<br />hope this helps you I know how bad it feels<br />henry

johndezman

Petty Officer 2nd Class

have a '87 200 hp that had a failure in #1 cyl back in '99. never had motor apart to diagnose root cause. my guess is that the top seal failed causing lean condition which in turn affected lubrication. there had been a light vapor deposit of oil over the outside of the block/carburation for a year or so before it let go. my fault as i didn't recognize symptom before ultimate failure. still have areated powerhead as a souvineer!