Evinrude Tracker Pro 110HP question

LMC2005

Recruit
My father has become incapacitated and asked me to sell his boat motor. I don't know much about it at all! Any help is greatly appreciated.<br /><br />Evinrude Tracker Pro Series 110HP<br />Model number: TE11O TCCEM<br />Serial Number: R 08179632<br /><br />He told me he used the motor maybe 24 hours. Since then it's been setting out, and won't start. I feel sure it just needs a tune up. And I need to sell it. The cover is weathered, but inside it looks brand new.<br /><br />Does anyone know what price I should ask?<br />Does anyone know what year the motor was manufactured?<br /><br />I want to selll at a fair price, and I want to price it so it moves quickly. Thanks for any information!

LMC2005

Recruit
Re: Evinrude Tracker Pro 110HP question

I believe the motor was made in 1989.<br /><br />Also, I found out it was new when he bought it.<br /><br />Still can't find any used pricing information though...

LMC2005

Recruit

Yikes, the Nady price is much lower than father expected. He told me earlier a mechanic offered him 2500.00 for it last year, and the Nady says 815.00.<br /><br />Any mechanics have an opinion on this motor? Although made in 1989, it's barely been used.

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

The engine itself has a proven block that runs strong and will take a beating before it throws in the rods. I have an 86' 90hp proped out for 6k rpm. And it don't miss a lick. With that engine with low hours, it can easily be put back into running condition. Might be something to look at before selling. Take it to a trusted wrench for an opinion.

dajohnson53

Lieutenant Commander

LMC2005 - I'm speaking here as a buyer, someone of the sort you're likely to be dealing with. It really doesn't matter what a mechanic tells you - the price all depends on what the buyer thinks about it.<br /><br />It is a 1989 - I have no idea what hours it has onit, just that it's 1989.<br /><br />The cowling is weathered - just emphasizes the age. Inside you say it looks good, but so does my '74 kicker and it actually has been well used.<br /><br />Just to say that it's 16 years old.<br /><br />If I looked at the engine and it ran well AND my (not anyone else's) mechanic said it checked out well or it had recent receipts for a rebuild or such, I'd pay more.<br /><br />But not running, I'd probably not even look at it unless I was a mechanic, and even then, it would be a risk because we don't even know what the condidion of the powerhead, ignition system, gear case, etc. <br /><br />Again, as a buyer, I think the advice I'd give you is to find a trusted mechanic (trusted, recommended by someone you trust) and get an idea of what it would take to get it running well - and, if it's worth while to you, get it running - well. Otherwise, it's almost only worth parts until proven otherwise.<br /><br />Just so you know I'm not prejudiced against old, but well running engines. I own an '82 and a '74.