83 Suzuki DT 15

mikecar

Recruit
I have come across a 1983 Suzuki DT 15 outboard. It is in real good shape. I am wondering if anyone has any experience with these type of outboards and what is a good price to pay for one.

blkdgbts

Cadet
Re: 83 Suzuki DT 15

I've got a '83 DT25 & it runs great. I did have a small problem with it a while back, but I'm attributing it to bad gas.<br /><br />good luck,<br /><br />r-

Yepblaze

Lieutenant Commander

1980 DT50 and runs great every time except when the foam under the hood was deteriorating and letting bits of itself to clog the jets.

madchef

Recruit

I have come across a 1983 Suzuki DT 15 outboard. It is in real good shape. I am wondering if anyone has any experience with these type of outboards and what is a good price to pay for one.

I have one and it has been as dependable as my Honda 10 four stroke with thre time the torque! Buy IT!

madchef

Recruit

I've got a '83 DT25 & it runs great. I did have a small problem with it a while back, but I'm attributing it to bad gas.<br /><br />good luck,<br /><br />r-

Can I ask you what that problem was? I am having a problem for the first time in four seasons and 200+ hours.
When the engine warms to running temps(it isnt overheating) it sputters and then stalls. It starts up again a few times but stalls as soon as I engage the gears forward or reverse. I thought it was the fact that I found the fuel filter cap was loose and fuel was not pumping correctly. I fixed that and it ran great for 15-20 minutes and then the same thing happened again? I am puzzled and really hope to be able to fix it myself before taking to a local mechanic. $$$ Any ideas would be very helpful!
Thanks in advance.
:confused::confused: