synthetic for oil injection?

rastoga

Cadet
I am thinking about using pennzoil full synthetic in my '89 yamaha 40 with oil injection. I've heard some people say that synthetics aren't good for oil injection pumps? Is there any truth to that? What about synthetic blends? Pennzoil says <br />its okay and some manufactures make synthetics, that make me think its alright.<br />If I switch, I am planning on running the old oil out until the low alarm sounds and then topping off with the synthetic. There will be a little mixing, is that ok?

Rex

Chief Petty Officer
Re: synthetic for oil injection?

I WOULD TRY TO GET ALL THE OLD <br />OIL OUT BUT I WOULD SAY IT'S OK<br />I LOVE SYNTHETIC GO WITH A 50 TO 1 MIX.<br />REX

Major Woods

Petty Officer 1st Class

IMHO, It appears that the engine manufacters that sell synthetic oil recommend them, and the others that sell conventional oil don't. It appears that profit is behind the recommondations. :mad: You can't go wrong with synthetics, other two stroke motors (racing dirt bikes) have been using them for years, personal experience. :D <br />Mixing of the two types is OK. I have been using the penzoil for a long time and am pleased with it.

rastoga

Cadet

Is anyone out there using synthetics with an oil injection system?