1990 yamaha oil injection problem!

snookit

Recruit
The oil in the hull tank has 2 gallons and is not pumping the oil to the reservoir tank.I have never worked with this before and could use some help please.

clanton

Rear Admiral
Re: 1990 yamaha oil injection problem!

How many hoses from remote tank to tank on engine?

snookit

Recruit

It has one hose from the hull to the motor

manowar

Petty Officer 2nd Class

do you have a emergency switch on the side of the motor its a blacklike rubbery switch flip it if you have one it should start pumping oil from main oil tank to reservoir these type motors only pump oil when flywheel is spinning thats all I know I doubt if that main oil line is clogged but you should check

CaseyP

Recruit

snookit,<br /><br />First things first, do you ever get the yellow light? Or even have the three lights for oil, green, yellow and red. I assume the red light is working and that is how you know you are out of oil. <br /><br />If you are not getting the yellow light, but the red and green work, you need to check the connectors from the sub base tank to the motor. You are not getting power to the sub base tank(the remote tank)<br /><br />Do you hear the pump run when you turn the key to run before starting? you should as long as the reservoir on the motor is not full. <br /><br />If you hear the pump run, but nothing is comming out, check the filter at the bottom of your subbase tank first, see if it is clogged. If you don't hear the pump run, you have an electrical problem in the connectors or the pump is bad.