suzuki monitors

johndezman

Petty Officer 2nd Class
questions about the above devices. <br /><br />do these have a known mortality rate? they are quite expensive and problematic. do they have any paraticular failure mode?<br /><br />any info would be appreciated.<br /><br />thanks

kenh1010

Seaman Apprentice
Re: suzuki monitors

I can tell you this. I bought a 1994 19' Sylvan with a 93 Suzuki 140 and 9.9 last year.<br />I suspected the monitor gauge was bad on mine because the manual for the motor said it should buzz, the rev limit, the temp and the oil level light should light for a breif check before going into active mode. The only thing that happened was the oil level lit. I called the Suzuki dealer and spoke to the machanic he told me those gauges almost never go out. He also told me how to test the gauge and I did and it was fine. He said Suzuki was poor at updating there manuals when they make a change to the motors. Hope this helps.

kenh1010

Seaman Apprentice
Re: suzuki monitors

One more thing. If you want you could call the machanic yourself. He is one of the best Suzuki machanics in the country and will do his best to help over the phone. (Hes a talker). He rebuilt my 9.9 and it runs like a top! His name is Dan at Hustler Sport Center, McHenry Il. 815-675-2733.<br />Give him a try.