Help with 1991 115 Yamaha

MAKO72

Seaman
I noticed after running my motor at home and turning it off. I had gas leeking out the port side exhaust square up at the top of the motor not the exhaust by the prop. I was able to notice the gas because I premix the gas and I could see the unburned oil and gas down the side of the motor. Could I have a float stuck. Thanks for any help.<br /><br /> posted July 12, 2003 08:25 PM <br />--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<br />I have a 115 carburated Yamaha. I recently noticed after I run the motor at home with the hose then turn it off there is gas dripping out the exhaust (the exhaust at the top of the motor not by the prop). I also noticed it only comes out the port side of the exhaust ( there are two square openings one on the left the other on the right). I noticed the gas because I premix the fuel and could see the unburned oil and gas stain down the side. I was thinking maybe there was a float stuck in one of the carbs. Thanks for any help. <br />--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

moderator1

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Help with 1991 115 Yamaha

highlines, I took the liberty of combining your two posts since they were essentially the same.

rodtoo

Recruit
Re: Help with 1991 115 Yamaha

If your float is stuck, you should see fuel overflowing the high speed noozle in the carb throat. I did.<br />I never had leakage from exhaust.