200 hp optimax

Dr1532

Cadet
200 hp optimax

my port engine is doggy compared to the starboard engine,they both idle fine ,but the tac says its running 500rpms less then the starboard engine at wot,5200 ,compared to 5700+.how much of a varible is exceptable?also when you punch it it seems flat comparred to the right side like it is firing only on 5 cyl.wonder if it was only running on 5 cyl,what would the tac read at wot,been a mechanic for years,but the electronics of theses engines ar something to scratch one head ,

ronnieboy

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: 200 hp optimax

check compression on all cylinders, then check fire on plugs, make sure all are firing. try decarb, if not in your maintainance routine. Check linkage to make sure it is opening same as other engine, check the simple things first, that is usually whats wrong with em. good luck ron

KCLOST

Commander

Could easily be a loss of spark on one cylinder...<br /><br />Check Spark...

LubeDude

Admiral

All props are not exact, even matched pairs. Could just be more pitch on the prop on that engine. That would make it seem to be "Doggy"!

Dr1532

Cadet

I have had issues with this engine,spent 1100 for a pump. thermostats ,(fuel pump which i don't believe i needed )trim and tilt pins and caps,tps sensor.its the counter rotater engine,the guy that worked on says mercs service manual does not probally diagnose this engine as alot of the tests read faulty. he said the starboard engine read the same .,Boats getting canvas put on ,then ill test the spark myself.probally should have done it myself in the first place