Optimax problems

Myrymar

Recruit
Hi hope someone can help me here.I have a 258 mako with twin 2002 135hp optimax's. Sometimes one of the engines will race up but not all of the time. Also the smartcraft gauges will have different fault messages but not all of the time.Ive done alot of research and been on the phone with mercury,so I know some problems with the wiring of the gauges can cause this but everything seems to be hooked up right. The weird thing is if I completely unhook the smartcraft stuff the port engine will realy race up. I cant get anyone to look at it for at least a month so maybe someone here can help .Thanks for any advice.

studlymandingo

Commander
Re: Optimax problems

Welcome to iboats!!!<br /><br />Does the engine rev on its own, or is it when you increase the throttle and the other one just doesn't rev as much?<br /><br />With the smartcraft setup, it sounds like there may be a bad ground somewhere.

Myrymar

Recruit
Re: Optimax problems

Its wierd it will mostly do it on its own when idling. But does it sometimes when you hit the trim button or start the other motor but not always. Also the trim on the gauges are messed up one is constantly changing the other says fault.