No spark on #1 Cylinder on Mariner 25

pjager

Recruit
Hi Yall, Having problems with the outboard on my Blackjack duckboat. Mariner 25 es, mod #7025301BD 1993 year model. End of last duck season, January 2006, started running rough on last morning of the season. thought it was bad gas switched out gas checked and replaced plugs, still bad. <br /> Recently got free time to work on it, checked compression, 100 on each cylinder. no spark on #1 cylinder. replaced both coils, still no spark on #1. Next step planned is to replace spark plug wires. Then on to stator. Not a mechanic, so I don't want to get in too far over my head. Any help / input welcome.... Pete

Laddies

Banned
Re: No spark on #1 Cylinder on Mariner 25

The only things that can cause no spark on icyl on your engine is a bad coil(which you can ck by changing coil leads) or a bad switch box

pjager

Recruit

Ok, if it's not the coil, is there a way to test the switch box? also how indepth is it to replace said switchbox? Thanks Pete

Laddies

Banned

If you change the lead wires from the switch box to the coils and the lack of spark from the coil goes with the lead wires, then you know the box has no output, without a DVA to test thats about all a person can ck