84 MERC 6 CYL 115 HP IDLE STABILIZER

GHBART

Cadet
Thanks to CC Marine response to a previous querry.<br />Had no spark on any cylinders<br />I disconnected the idle stabilizer wires from the switch modules.<br />the engine had spark and ran fine<br />Reconnected the idle stabilizer and it still ran fine.<br />So! Don't know what may be the problem.<br />Therefore - <br />If on a trip (180 miles on Green and Colorado rivers) and have the problem reoccur, <br />Can I run with the idle stabilizer wires disconnected without any damage caused? and -<br />Can I disconnect the wire between the switch modules where the stabilizer white-black wire connects without any damaage caused?

Clams Canino

Commander
Re: 84 MERC 6 CYL 115 HP IDLE STABILIZER

If you can get it to idle fine without it you can throw it away, next to mine.<br /><br />You problem was prolly loose wires. Loosten and tighten all the little nuts on both switchboxes and the coils.<br /><br /><br />You can disconnest the black/wht bias wire between the boxes for TESTING, but it needs to be connected for normal use, to insure both boxes keep the same effective timing.<br />-W

Tanner Pike

Recruit

""Can I disconnect the wire between the switch modules where the stabilizer white-black wire connects without any damaage caused?"

sorry to be a retard, but im only 15 and trying to get this motor running on and old 16ft baja. can you go into more detail about the boxes, what they look like, and where to find them, because you said that those need to stay connected for permanent use... correct? Thanks for the help, Tanner

Faztbullet

Supreme Mariner

Need to start a new posting.....