25hp merc hood problem

einer

Cadet
86 25hp merc manual-recently replaced both coils, water pump and plugs. now runs great until I put the engine cover on then then starts missing at mid throttle, remove hood then runs 100%. adjusted carb idle/mixture. What am I overlooking? thankyou

Laddies

Banned
Re: 25hp merc hood problem

Ck that a spark plug wire or coil wire is not arcing to the inside of the cowl or snap down lever

einer

Cadet

Originally posted by Laddies:<br /> Ck that a spark plug wire or coil wire is not arcing to the inside of the cowl or snap down lever
Thankyou Laddies for the reply and info. I won't get back to the motor until this weekend. I will let you know what I find. Thanks again

einer

Cadet

Originally posted by einer:<br />
Originally posted by Laddies:<br /> Ck that a spark plug wire or coil wire is not arcing to the inside of the cowl or snap down lever
Thankyou Laddies for the reply and info. I won't get back to the motor until this weekend. I will let you know what I find. Thanks again
Laddie-I finally got back to this motor and the arcing and lower plug wire were the problems. Up and running again. Thankyou