Kicker mount?

SMF

Cadet
Got me a 5hp 4 stroke nissan. My boat came with one of those adjustable mounts. I was woundering about the rating of this mount. The transom adaptor is a fulton with no ratings or model numbers and the outboard bracket is a spar manufacturing, all it says is a max hp of 20. I can't find a web site for Spar. It looks just like the fulton though and they are rated for a max 4 stroke of 5hp and 120lbs. Do you think it will hold or should I get a new one? I like the looks of the Garelick 4 stroke mount, but it's expensive.<br />Also do you drive down the road with your outboard on the mount? It seems a bite wobbly for that.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
Re: Kicker mount?

The instructions and disclaimer that come with the mount state NOT to use while transporting, remove motor from mount when trailering. The transom adaptor plate makes it wobble even more.

kev_alaska

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Kicker mount?

I have the Graelick 4 stroke bracket. Definately do not trailer with the kicker on. Just the sight of it bouncing around gives me a heart attack. I have a transom saver and ratchet it down as well. Still bounces around too much. <br /><br />I actually have two of the 4 stroke brackets. Don't remember what I paid for it, most certainly too much.