Can someone verify Mercury Outboard date?

Wiggy

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I've looked on the various outboard serial number sites but can't quite find the exact number for my outboard.<br /><br />The guy I bought it from said that it's a 1987, I've found it to be a 1986, but not totally sure.<br /><br />It's a Mercury 25hp shoft shaft pull start serial number 9350679 built in Belgium.<br /><br /> And looks like this motor

koplinhagen

Recruit
Re: Can someone verify Mercury Outboard date?

This is the web site, www.maxrules.com/merc_contents.html, that I use in the US, it also includes the Canadian Numbers, when I tried to look up yours it was not in the serials. I know this is an idiotic suggestion but the manufactor or rep. can and will give you the year as well as any other info that you need. <br />I appolgize if this doesnt help you out.

madmarlin

Seaman Apprentice

Sorry can't help with exact year either however you are close to the mark with 87 or 86 model. I have a 89 model Belguim built model and had same problem with Mercury site as only excepts 8 digit serial numbers I had to ring a dealer and they could give me exact year.

Wiggy

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Yeah, most of the american sites just list american and canadian serials, not much help to me!<br /><br />And the sites that do list belgium built motors don't cover this serial?