'72 Merc 50hp 500 Thunderbolt F.M.V.

m_s_cooper

Cadet
I am a trustee responsible for selling a Mercury 50hp 500 Thunderbolt (Serial No. 3359071)<br /><br />If I understand the method used to determine the date of manufacture, this serial number means that the engine was manufactured in 1972. Could someone confirm and/or correct for me?<br /><br />The condition is unknown but it looks to have been well taken care of - which I know means nothing.<br /><br />The sale will be "As Is / Where Is" and the buyer will be fully advised that the condition is unknown.<br /><br />I have no idea what an appropriate asking price should be.<br /><br />The estate does not have the funds to hire a professional mechanic to appraise or warrant.<br /><br />If I could get three or more estimates to copy/paste for my records I would truly appreciate any assistance.<br /><br />The location is Seattle, Washington.<br /><br />Thx all.

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: '72 Merc 50hp 500 Thunderbolt F.M.V.

running, they sell from 400 to 600 on ebay.

m_s_cooper

Cadet

Appreciate the estimate T's-Daddy.<br /><br />I have gone to the OldMerc site to determine the year manufactured - not sure I am reading it correctly because the serial number range for 1972 end with numbers less than mine (3359071) and the following years begins with a number larger than mine.<br /><br />Can you tell if mine is a 1972?<br /><br />Thx again, really appreciate your input.

m_s_cooper

Cadet

Thought it was a '72 but wasn't positive.<br />Thanks alot,