MARADA 18' BOWRIDER...IS THERE A WBSITE????

HI, I JUST BOUGHT A MARADA 18' BOWRIDER AND CANT FIND A WEBSITE FOR THIS BOAT...PERIOD. TRYING TO LEARN ABOUT THE TRANSOME, WHEATHER OR NOT IT HAS A COMPOSITE TRANSOME OR GLASS WHERE THE OB BOLTS UP. THE FOOL THAT HAD THIS BOAT BEFORE ME USED SQUARE WASHERS INSTEAD OF THE ROUND WASHERS AND PULLED IN AND CRACKED SOME OF THE MATERIAL ( WHICH I THINK IS GLASS ) AND IM NEEDING TO REPAIR. IT WILL PROBABLY BE FINE BUT I DONT LIKE IT AND NEED TO DO SOMETHING. DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THERE IS A REPAIR KIT AVAILABLE OR IF I SHOULD JUST FILL IN THE SPOT WITH SOME TYPE OF RESIN AND POSSIBLY PUT AN ALUMINUM BACKING WHERE THE MOTOR BOLTS UP ON THE TRANSOME...ITS JUST THE UPPER LEFT BOLT HOLE IF LOOKING AT IT FROM THE BACK BOAT.IF YOU HAVE ANY IDEAS AS TO WHAT I SHOULD DO PLEASE SEND A REPLY, AND I HAVE LOOKED ALL OVER FOR A WEBSITE TRYING TO FIND ANY INFO ON THE MARADA BOAT LINE, IF YOU HAVE ANY HELP THERE IT WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED...THANKS ALOT, ROB

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral
Re: MARADA 18' BOWRIDER...IS THERE A WBSITE????

Fill it and cover it with one of these... web page<br />Or you might get by with this... web page <br /><br />Look for stress cracks on the transom, inside and out. Tilt the motor (or put it down and stand on the antiventilation plate if there's clearance) and bounce it as hard as you can to see if the transom flexes, it shouldn't. What year is the boat? Wood would've been used until recent years, many brands still do. Rot would've been more likely on the lower bolts. They probably overtorqued with an air wrench when they hung the motor.

Re: MARADA 18' BOWRIDER...IS THERE A WBSITE????

ITS A 2001 MARADA, AND THEY PROBABLY DID USE AIR WRENCH TO TIGHTEN...