Who has the biggest yacht?

magster65

Commander
I was looking at all the beautiful boats in the show yer boat thread and I was wondering who has the biggest yacht here on iboats?<br /><br />arks has a 34 Silverton... biggest I've seen here.

Bard1

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Who has the biggest yacht?

I Do, 14' 1964 Starcraft!

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

the majority of members here, have Trailer boats. but there are some that have the bigger boats.

HDPipes05

Seaman Apprentice

Far from being the biggest and certainly NOT a Yacht but here is our bigger trailer boat. 31' LOA

seven up

Petty Officer 1st Class

It's not my boat, Capt Mike has a 65' Pacemeaker. A beauty.

Enjoy

wildmaninal

Lieutenant Commander

I can't claim these boats, but they are me and my father's project boats. My father owns (2) Cabin cruisers, one 1975 Silverline 21' and as of today a 1972 Bayliner 21'. Haven't figured out if where going to restore the bayliner yet or not, needs alot of work, mainly bought it for parts, and maybe to make a profit. The more I think about the Bayliner it also could be fixed up to be a nice boat but it sure is missing allot of stuff. Both are far from being yachts, but it will be the closest that we'll ever get to owning a yacht. The Silverline mainly needs motor work, haven't had it on the water yet.

Picture523.jpg

rtpassini

Chief Petty Officer

I just recently picked up an '06 Maltese Falcon...

i know its decent size...does anyone have bigger?

sturdavj

Petty Officer 1st Class

It?s not my boat?. But the memory is.

In 1994 I had the opportunity to tour one of the top three largest sailing personal youghts in the world (at that time). If my memory serves me correctly it was 156 feet long and had a mast that was well over 60 feet tall. It was owned by Rupert Murdoch = Fox News.

It was through a series of friends that I connected with the vessel?s Skipper and was able to go aboard. Paying respect to the ship?s owner we did not enter the private quarters, all remaining areas were open for viewing.

What struck me in awe was the redundancy: all electronics, navigational and power systems (side-by-side Mercedes diesels) had a complete matching twin, yet seperate. The engine room was spotless, cleaner than most restaurant kitchens I have seen.

For me, a good ole? boy living in the foot-hills of Ore-E-gun it was a once in a life time experience.

aspeck

Staff member

oops, you need a bigger garage to do another hull extension ... can you turn yours into a 65 footer??? LOL!