Fisher blueprints - - Need to know if I can add below-deck storage/gas tanks

I've got a mid-80's Fisher boat (16.5' V-hull). I want to install an internal gas tank and possibly a below-deck storage bin.<br /><br />Without ripping up the floor, is there any way to determine what is below? I'd want to verify depth, vertical, and horizontal space available to me.<br /><br />Is there any place on the net to find blueprints for my boat?

Bondo

Staff member
Re: Fisher blueprints - - Need to know if I can add below-deck storage/gas tanks

How about a Tape Measure,+ a Straight Edge...............<br /><br />I have No Idea what your boat is,.... But,.. My experince with boats of that Size...<br />Don't have more than a few inches below the cockpit sole............ ;)

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
Re: Fisher blueprints - - Need to know if I can add below-deck storage/gas tanks

You have an aluminum floor in that boat, right?<br />Or is it wood?<br /><br />I think the Fisher boats of that era were all aluminum, from the hull, to the floor supports, and the floor itself.<br />Can you tell wrere the floor supports are by the weld marks?<br /><br />I think you are going to have to cut a few small inspection holes to get look under there.

rwidman

Lieutenant

Contact the manufacturer?<br /> http://www.fisherboats.com/ <br /><br />
If you have a question or concern regarding your boat, trailer or equipment, other than your motor, you may reach one of our customer relations representatives at (417) 873-4555 between the hours of 8 am to 5 pm Central Time. <br />

It does have an alumninum floor. Unfortunately, last year (before I thought about extra storage) I used marine glue to install my boat carpeting. Any exploratory holes would have to go through the carpet. I'd prefer not to do that.<br /><br />I guess that I'll try contacting the manufacturer. Any other ideas?

alden135

Lieutenant Commander

If there is flotation under the floor, you will be losing it by adding tanks etc. You'll have to make up for it somewhere else.

Nope, the flotations (that I know of) are above deck level. Essentially the rear half of the boat is floatations surrounding the captain's chair.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Fisher has changed ownership several times in the past 15 years. They are now owned by Tracker Marine (Bass Tracker) .<br />Good luck getting any info out of them.