new carbs now i have no spark???

snowstud98@hotmail.com

Seaman Apprentice
I replaced the carbs yesterday in my 75 merc 500. Now I have no spark???? The only thing i didn't replace totally were the screws the hold the switch box in...Would this have to be grounded???? any ideas were to start?? Erik

AMD Rules

Lieutenant Commander
Re: new carbs now i have no spark???

One way I've noticed to get valuable responses in this forum is to "reply" to your orignal post to keep the past information with any new questions that arise.<br /><br />For example, in this instance it may help to know that this motor "sat idle for 20 years", you do have a manual, and that you have already performed a variety of maintenance activities on it. The fact that it did run before, had fuel issues, and now has electrical issues may lead some of the experts to better diagnose your problem(s).<br /><br />Topic: How hard to rebuild the fuel pump??<br />Topic: Is it safe???<br />Topic: This is wierd<br />Topic: no start no gas<br /><br />Thats just my suggestion.

snowstud98@hotmail.com

Seaman Apprentice

thanks will do<br />it did sit for 20 years and i did start after a new fuel pump...I do have a manual and did a distribtor test any new ideas let me know thanks again Erik

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

check your wiring connections. i chased a problem for weeks, till i found a wire that got tucked away, and not reconnected.

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

check your wiring connections. i chased a problem for weeks, till i found a wire that got tucked away, and not reconnected.