any good 2 cycle engine additves??

snowstud98@hotmail.com

Seaman Apprentice
Hey guys looking for a good 2 cycle oil additive??? any good additives that work well if so where can i get them thanks Erik

rickdb1boat

Supreme Mariner
Re: any good 2 cycle engine additves??

Hi Erik,<br /><br />There's really no reason to use additives. TCW-3 oil has everything you need by itself. The only additive I can think of using is something like Seafoam in the gas on occasion to keep the carbon build-up at bay. But even then, that is probably not nessesary if the engine is run at the proper RPM range and maintained well....

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral

Beware of additives. Many mess with the oil's ability to stick to the surfaces. There are a lot of things that are fine in a 4-stroke, but can ruin a 2-stroke. The only one I advise is a fuel stabilizer.

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner

What specific problem(s) are trying to address? If you aren't having any specific problems there is no need for an additive. If there are some specific engine problems chances are an additive won't fix it anyway. There are many fuel system additives that can be beneficial in removing carbon deposits, cleaning fuel systems, and treating fuel systems prior to storage. SeaFoam, Carbon Guard, and Stabil are three of them.

LubeDude

Admiral

Im actually using an additive, But mind you, Im not going to recommend it. This is something you make your own mind up as to whether you are going to do it or not. This additive is being used extensivly in outboard racing. Its called Militec1. I know that it has a Chlorine additive in it and Im taking a risk but I have been on the phone a lot with the owner of the company and he has given me his own personal guarantee. :eek: For what thats worth.<br /><br />I never recommend any additives, for any reason to anyone as most of them are junk. Why am I using this one??????????????????? Beats H*ll out of me. Im allways trying something! :rolleyes: Am I gaining or losing anything???????? Dunnnnoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ive run it all last year hard and dont see any problems, I even bore scoped the cylinders this year when I did all the work to the engine, They look perfect and are still holding the same 120#s I had when I started.<br /><br />As to your original question, " Dont bother "